- Appealing graphics boosts sales: Graphics play an important role in website conversion but it is not as important as content. If graphics is as important as it is hyped to be then all the sales in the world will be for websites.
A successful website is not successful because of its graphics. It is successful because of its content.
People will continually buy from your website if you help them in the optimization of their decisions. Content aids in boosting conversion than graphics.
- Visitors will automatically show up once you have a website: There are many websites on the internet and it is increasing difficult for visitors to find new websites. Though search engine optimization (SEO) is a good way to get visitors; it will take time to get a steady flow of visitor to your websites. Magento development and SEO agency can help you build the reputation of your website.
- Visitors must find what they need quickly or they will leave your website: This is a myth that has grown mainly due to the fact that people have short attention spans and they do not want to waste their time at all. According to Alexa.com, “…the average visitor on Amazon.com visits 11.2 pages every day and spends about 10.44 minutes on the site every day.” This shows that visitors may not necessarily find what they need from your website within 3-5 minutes. It is important that you optimize your website navigation and give customers the ability to find what they want as quickly as possible and with less hassle.
- Having lots of visitors to your website is really important: That you have many visitors to your website does not mean your business is successful. It is important that you have a call to action (CTA) on your website that helps customer take valuable actions such as purchasing something, filling out forms, signing up for a newsletter and so on. If you have many visitors to your website and very few convert then you should consider targeting the right audience and changing the design of your website. SEO agency and Magento development help you to optimally utilize your website.(This is what different businesses like an ecommerce development company keeps in mind.)
Other myths about website optimization include:
- I do not need a website if I don’t sell my products online: This is a myth as websites offer more to your business than selling products. Websites help your business to inform customers and prospects, interact, build your brand and promote your goods and services. With a website leads can be generated through your contact forms.
- Your website is successful if you are on the first page on Google: You should make sure that you rank high for keywords that your audiences are searching for. Many visitors to your website will leave if they do not find what they are looking for. Magento development helps you research keywords that your target audiences are searching for.
- Websites are very expensive: Websites are relatively cheap when they are compared to other advertising mediums. They are affordable and they are good in terms of return on investment (ROI).
- Updating a website is difficult: Magento development and SEO agency can help you build your website by providing you with a content management system (CMS) that you can easily understand and update.
- Optimize all elements: Optimizing all elements on your website may not help you meet your website goals. You should focus your efforts on your value proposition. Focus on what makes your brand unique. You should communicate with your visitors and make a lasting impression that will make them buy your products, utilize your services and subscribe.